At Calliope Kindergarten we aim to provide the highest quality early learning education that recognises the needs, interests, personality, culture and context of individual children, their families and the wider community.
What is a community run Kindergarten?
- A kindergarten affiliated with Lady Gowrie Kindergarten QLD
- Community controlled ie. it is administered by an elected committee of parents
- Has an approved constitution / set of rules
- Has close parent / teacher cooperation
- Is advised by an Early Education Consultant from Lady Gowrie QLD
- Licensed by the Department of Communities
- Receives a grant towards the cost of running the centre
Meets the following required standards;
- A qualified early childhood teacher
- An approved educational program
- An approved ratio of staff to children
- A building of approved design
- An approved outdoor play area
- Adequate and suitable equipment for indoors and outdoors
At Calliope Kindergarten your child will;
- Participate in learning activities appropriate to their social, emotional and intellectual development
- Participate in a flexible learning environment which is responsive to their individual needs and interests
- Encouraged and supported in their own approach to learning by supportive staff in a fun and challenging environment
- Be involved in a friendly, caring centre with values children, families and community
- Develop independence, confidence, communication skills and understanding of their own feelings and the feelings of others with the support of warm and caring staff
- Develop lasting relationship with children and adults.